When I was sent the Lemongrass & Turmeric marinade by Worldfoods to try, I made a different version of stir-fry using Quorn Chicken style pieces. The family loved the dish so much the marinade was added to the shopping must haves.
As I more often than not, experiment on stir-fry dishes. They are all different and thank goodness my children love them.
- 1 pack Quorn Chicken style pieces , defrosted
- Tesco stir-fry pack with mange-tout, baby corn, spring onions, broccoli & chilli
- 2 large carrots
- World Foods Lemongrass & turmeric marinade, half a bottle
- pack of vermicelli rice noodles
- clove of garlic, crushed and small onion
- 1 tbsp vegetable cooking oil
How to cook:
- Marinate the Quorn Chicken-style pieces for a couple of hours with the Lemongrass & turmeric marinade
- Slice all the vegetables including the onion into bite size pieces
- Heat the oil in a wok at high heat and add the garlic and onion. Cook until onion is transparent
- Add the Quorn pieces and stir-fry over high heat until cook. Keep it all moving so it does not get burnt.
- Lower the heat and remove the Quorn pieces from the pan. Set aside
- Add cooking oil into the pan & increase the heat
- First add the sliced carrots, stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes, then add baby corn, broccoli, mange-tout & chilli (option). Season with a pinch of salt.
- Stir fry until cook.
- Add the spring onions then the Quorn pieces, cover and cook for 3 minutes over low-medium heat
- In a dish or bowl, put the cooked noodles (see package instructions) first then add desired service of the Quorn stir-fry with Lemongrass & Turmeric marinade
This recipe serves 2 to 3 people.
Cost per person £2.36
About the marinade
The Worldfoods Lemongrass and Turmeric marinade is really good and if you like cooking stir-fry this is something for you to try.