Creamy Carrot and Coriander Soup
Need something quick, filling and healthy for the coming cold winter season. I think making a creamy soup will do the trick 🙂 Carrots and coriander are regulars in my fridge, that’s why I decided to try and make soup out of them. They’re perfect for quick stir fries, broth and salad.
- 1/2 kilo carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 piece potato chopped
- 1 litre water (750 ml if you want it to be thicker)
- 1 vegetable or chicken stock cubes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 to 3 tbsp single/double cream (optional
- a handful of fresh coriander and some more to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pan, and the onions and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in the ground coriander, cook for 1 minute. Add the carrots, potato, water and stock, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and cook covered for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Remove from heat and cool down slightly.
- Tip to the food processor/mixer with the fresh coriander, blitz until smooth. Add the optional cream at this stage. Return to clean pan, season to taste, reheat to serve.
Taken with an Olympus OMD EM5 and 45mm ƒ1.8 lens