Roasted Chicken with Pancetta & Lentils
This is a yummy, filling and lactose free dish which is very quick to cook
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 springs thyme
- 1 medium sized carrot
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 celery stick
- 1 pack green beans
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tin lentils
- 1 pack pancetta
- 1 bay leaf
- Pre-heat oven to 220˚C (200˚C with fan). Pat chicken dry and rub a knob of butter or some olive oil on each thigh. Rub a pinch of salt and pepper and sprinkle over half the thyme leaves. Cook in on the top shelf of the oven for 25minutes until skin is nice and crispy. Let it rest out of the oven afterwards.
- Peel and finely chop the carrot and onion. Finely chop the celery, parsley and remove the ends of the green beans. Drain and rinse the lentils.
- Add olive oil to a non stick frying pan on medium-high heat. Cook pancetta until crispy around the edges. Remove from pan and keep on the side for later.
- On the same pan, add a dash of olive oil when necessary, turn heat to medium-low. Add carrot, onion, celery, bay leaf and the remaining thyme leaves. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Boil a pot of water with a pinch of salt and cook the green beans for 4 minutes. Drain and immediately run them under cold water.
- Add your pancetta and lentils to the pan with the vegetables, Mix together and season to taste. Turn off the heat.
- Once chicken is ready, toss your parsley and green beans on top of the lentils and serve with the chicken on top.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serves 2 (can serve 4 people with half portions, picture above is half a serving)
Calories: 693kcal per serving