Spiced pork with creamy lentils & tortillas
Colder weather calls for warm and filling food. The spiced meat can be made hotter or milder, up to you. The creamy lentils tempers the heat well. I love the creamy lentils and tortillas, it’s so yummy! I won’t hesitate making more creamy lentils, just so I can finish off the pack of tortillas 🙂
- 2 pcs pork steaks
- 1.5 tsp Malay Spice mix
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 carrot chopped into 1/2cm chunks
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped (or pressed)
- 1 chicken stock pot
- 1 tin lentils
- 1 pack baby spinach
- 1 small pot creme fraîche
- 1 pack wholemeal Tortillas
- Pre-heat grill to med-high setting. Drizzle pork steaks with oil, season and sprinkle over half of Malay spice mix. Rub the oil and seasoning onto both sides of the pork. Set aside.
- Cut the onion in half peel and slice into half-moon shapes. Peel carrot and cut into 1/2cm chunks. Peel and press the garlic.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add a splash of oil and saute your onion, then add the carrot, cook for 4-5 minutes stirring frequently. Add the garlic, the rest of the Malay spice mix and 200ml water
- Cook for a minute then add the chicken stock pot. Stir well and make sure the stock pot is well dissolved before covering the pan. Reduce heat and leave to cook covered for 5 minutes. Remove cover and cook for further 5minutes.
- Put your pork onto a foil-covered tray and frill for 12-15 minutes Turn at 6-7 minutes to make sure it cooks evenly.
- Heat a frying pan and cook the tortillas for 30 seconds to 1 minute each.
- Drain lentils. Add to the bag of baby spinach to the vegetables, cook for 2 minutes until it is wilting then add the lentils and creme fraiche. Bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
- When pork is cooked, leave to rest for a few minutes before slicing. Serve on top of the creamy lentils with the tortillas on the side. Bon appetit!