Here’s something new to make. A filling dish with a kick.
It is good to try a new dish from time to time. Serving the same dish regularly no matter how spaced out it is can be boring. So here’s one dish you’d never think we will try to make considering we don’t eat spicy food. I’ve lessen the amount of smoked paprika and Mexican spice so I can eat it. Add more or less spice to suit your preferences.
- 1 clove garlic, finely chop
- 1 medium onion, finely chop
- 1 green bell pepper, chop 1cm chunks
- 1 tin mixed beans
- 1 potato, cubed, 1/2cm sizes
- 250g mince beef
- 1 tbsp Mexican Spice
- 1/2 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 small carton Tomato Passata
- 1 beef stock pot
- 1 whole meal Tortilla
- 2 tbsp coriander
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- Pre-heat oven to 200˚C (or 180˚C Fan oven). Peel and finely chop garlic and onion. Core pepper and chop to 1 cm chunks. Drain and rinse the mixed beans. Peel and chop the potato into cubes.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil on medium heat. Once hot, saute the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic, beef, Mexican spice, paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until just brown.
- Once meat has browned, add the pepper and potato, cook for 4minutes.
- Drain and since mixed beans and add to the pan followed by the tomato pasta. Gently simmer for 2 minutes.
- Dissolve beef stock in 500ml water then add to the pan. Bring soup to a gentle simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Lightly coat tortilla with oil on both sides then cut into long strips, season with salt and pepper. Place on baking tray and cook until crispy – about 4-5 minutes.
- Take off from heat, stir in 1 tbsp coriander. Serve in bowl with a dollop of sour cream, garnish with a coriander and some crispy tortilla.
712kcal per serving
Hello Fresh recipe.