This is the Paprikas Csirke or Creamy Paprika Chicken. It is a classic and old Hungarian dish and ideally cooked with sweet paprika. The original recipe is served with dumpling like egg noodles, however, this recipe is served with plain white rice and roasted vegetables.
- 1 medium sized onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 pcs chicken thighs (or 6 pcs if serving 4 people)
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1tbsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 chicken stock pot
- 350ml cold water
- 1 tin butter beans
- 1 sour cream (150ml pot)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- Pre-heat your oven to 180˚C. Slice onion, pepper and courgette, crush garlic and chop chicken thighs into 4 pieces.
- Add a tsp of oil to a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, cook until soft then add garlic, cook for a minute.
- Add your chicken and stir occasionally. Cook until slightly browned.
- Place your pepper and courgette to a baking tray with a tbsp of oil and a pinch of salt and a good grind of pepper. Put in the over to cook for 20 minutes or until slightly crispy.
- When the chicken has been browned, add flour and paprika, cook for a couple of minutes before adding water and the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, put the lid on a cook for 5 minutes.
- Rinse then add the butter beans and cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream, soy sauce and honey. Simmer for 2 minutes and serve with rice and roasted vegetable.
Per serving is 891 kcal.