I was craving for something stir-fried and vegetarian today. It’s good that the bottom of drawer of my freezer always have a pack of Quorn products. This is not a paid post, we just genuinely like to use it.
- 300g Quorn pieces
- vegetable oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 100g baby corn, sliced in half lengthwise
- 100g mangetout
- 4 spring onions
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 3/4 cup ketchup or tomato sauce
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugarcane vinegar, can be substituted with cider vinegar
- Prepare the sauce. In a bowl, mix the vinegar, tomato sauce/ketchup and sugar. Mix well until sugar is dissolved.
- In a wok, heat enough oil to cover the Quorn pieces. Fry them until they slightly change colour. Set aside.
- Discard some of the oil leaving only 1 or 2 tbsp.
- Sauté the red onion until tender.
- Add the carrots, stir fry for 3 minutes (2 minutes if carrots are sliced thinly). Add the baby corn , cook for 2 minutes. Then add the mangetout and bell pepper, cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the fried Quorn pieces, lemon juice, the tomato sauce and soy sauce. Stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the spring onion, mix and let it cool for 2 minutes.
- Serve with plain white rice.
Note: When cooking, I call out the Alexa timer, that’s why I wrote this recipe like this. If you want your mangetout to be crunchy, add it at same time as the spring onions.
Serves 4 people.